North Metro Flex Academy
PRINCIPAL UPDATE, OCTOBER 4, 2021 FROM MRS. KRANZ
This week we unveiled and installed 4 new signs with our updated logo and contact information.
(Margaret Street, Helen Street and 2 on our building)
WHO SHOULD GET TESTED?
Who Should Get Tested
- Even if you are vaccinated, Minnesotans should get tested:
- if you have symptoms of the virus;
- if you have had close contact with someone who has COVID-19;
- if you are returning from international travel;
- or if you have attended a large gathering or event where people are not wearing masks and are not able to stay 6 feet apart.
- People who are unvaccinated should test before travel (domestic or international).
- Unvaccinated teachers, staff and students in K-12 should test weekly at a minimum or more frequently per CDC guidance.
- With the at-home program and 11 community testing sites offering free testing across the state, the state has made it easy for Minnesotans to find a test.
These students and staff were awarded the COURAGE award for the month of September. Congratulations to all of these students and staff who are being acknowledged for showing COURAGE.
During the month of October we will be focusing on RESPECT.
SPECIAL REQUEST FROM MS. ANDERSON, OUR HUMBLE AND VERY TALENTED MUSIC AND ART TEACHER…
For Hispanic Heritage Month many of our classes are making Piñatas during Art classes during the week of October 11th. She is asking for 90 cardboard paper towel and toilet tubes for the projects! If you have any, please bring them to school this week!
MEET THESE PRIMARY TEACHERS
MEET MS. RUSSELL, OUR PASSIONATE AND DEDICATED KINDERGARTEN TEACHER
Where did you go to college? Augsburg University
Where did you go to HS? Red Wing High School
If you could have one superpower, what would it be? Flying!
Favorite food? Sushi
Favorite free time activity? Listening to music
Favorite book? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
What is your favorite part about teaching at NMFA? Building relationships with students and watching them grow throughout the years.
MEET MS. EMERY, OUR BELOVED FIRST GRADE TEACHER!
- Where did you go to college? I went California State University Chico for for first Bachelors degree in Teaching and my K-8 credential. Later, I went to Bemidji State University for my second Bachelor’s degree in Education and Early Childhood Development, and just recently, I got my Masters Degree from Concordia University in Curriculum and Instruction with a certified Reading Intervention emphasis.
- Where did you go to HS? I went to High School in Paradise, California. My dad taught there for 38 years!
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be? I would Heal sick people for sure.
- Favorite food? I can’t decide between sushi and spaghetti!
- Favorite free time activity? My favorite thing to do with my free time is be with my kids-hiking, biking and camping and spending time with friends!
- Favorite book? My favorite book is Where the Red Fern Grows. I’ve read it about ten times and my kids and I read it together at night every summer.
MEET MS. O’ROURKE, OUR TALL AND FUNNY SECOND GRADE TEACHER!
I graduated from St. Cloud State University.
I attended High School at Brainerd Senior High.
My super power would be to fly so I could travel anywhere.
Favorite food is tacos.
Free time activity spending time outdoors hanging out with friends…lake time, bonfires.
MEET MRS. ERICKSON, OUR ANIMATED THIRD GRADE TEACHER
College I graduated from…University of St. Thomas
High School I graduated from…Melbourne Central Catholic high school (Florida)
Super Power I would like to have…Invisible
Favorite Book…Anne Frank
Favorite free time activity…Reading/Walking my dog
I like working at the NMFA because I feel like I can make a difference in the lives of children that truly need me.